BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is the club still going?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1984BBHMINI

Is the club still going? Empty
PostSubject: Is the club still going?   Is the club still going? EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

I have just got back into the mini scene after several years away from them. I have had several mins over the years and have just recently bought a standard 84 mini city & slowly adding my own touches to her. We have been to mini in the park and also saturday just gone the mini world day at castle combe. I have not seen any of you guys at either show and wondering if the club is still going? I live in Bracebridge Heath and regularly pass a members car on the grantham road. Look forward to seeing if the club is still going and seeing some local mini owners. My car is on a b plate, gold and running starmag wheels. Cheers james
Back to top Go down
Blakey
Moderators
Moderators

Is the club still going? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the club still going?   Is the club still going? EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 am

James,
Good to see your post, yes we are still active, very much so. One or two went to MITP and I went to Castle Combe only because I was holidaying in the Cotswolds that week. We have had a very busy period of late with Lincs Evo show on the Brayford , Nettleham carnival , Brands Hatch Mini Festival, (a cracker , already booked that one for next year) ,Stanford Hall, plus we've done some weddings which is good promotion for the club. So we have been about but it got to the point where we were out most weekends, which was getting a bit of a problem with the other halves , particularly when some work away in the week.
We welcome new enthusiasts all the time particularly active ones who are happy to suggest new activities or venues, or are willing to put some time into organising trips etc. as it tends to get left to the same 1 or 2 to organise where we're going ,what route, accommodation if on a weekender etc . The Castle Combe event as you know is a good one and last year we had a nice group, but this year as I was holidaying and a couple of the other usual organisers had other things on that weekend, there was no one to lead the lambs,wipe arses ... so it was easier for them not to bother . At our last committee meeting it was noted that we wanted to try and get more people in the club to take a more active role or take it in turns to lead the trips and so on..we have nearly 40 minis registered so thats potentially about 80 people if you include partners & mates. Some of them may enjoy doing things like that.
Anyway, I prefer the dirty bit.. helping keep 'em going which happens on Tuesday nights here, so you're more than welcome to come along for cuppa and meet some of us and try and stir up enthusiasm etc
Best regards
Steve
(aka Blakey)
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.TYREANDTECH.CO.UK

Is the club still going?
Page 1 of 1