BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lincoln Big! VTECs, Mokes and Manly Wheels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueBrit_JK

Lincoln Big! VTECs, Mokes and Manly Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Lincoln Big! VTECs, Mokes and Manly Wheels   Lincoln Big! VTECs, Mokes and Manly Wheels EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:22 am

Manly Wheels!!!
A nice early start for our most local event on the calendar, I haven’t seen 7 o clock on a Sunday for a while!!! After everyone (finally) arrived, we headed through town, turning heads before we even pulled onto the Brayford! The whines of straight cuts, the noise of VTECs and the over use of air horns may have had something to do with it. Or it could have been a certain members manly wheels? We will never know.
Perfect spot on the brayford, even though I did decide to park at a slight angle, but somebody had to didn’t they, might as well be me. It wasn’t long before the polish was out, and the water (Andy) to get the motors shining for the admiration they were about to receive. Well, most of us had cleaned and tidied our minis, so we made up for Moke Bloke. Food and beer was definitely the order of the day for BCM, but the order of the day for others had to be our cars! Never did a moment pass without hearing, ‘wow, a scamp’ or ‘Crikey, them wheels are a nice manly RED’, and there were always people crowding round cars, notably the VTEC, which I don’t know why Stu brought the bonnet, and the most viewed and photographed mini there, Ruby Rag Top, which must have left the lady with the blue Rover convertible opposite shedding a tear, as people barely glanced her way all day.
I even had a Japanese woman have her boyfriend take her picture in front of my mini! They can keep there hands off our minis, they are 14 cars that will never head across to Japan!
An excellent turn out for BCM, excellent weather, and besides our stand (undoubtedly the best selection on show) some tidy minis including the hippy estate, a couple of concourse MkIs and the supercharged pickup to mention just a few!
I missed the BCM departure as I was in ‘Micks Café’ ( the robin hood caravan) chilling out, spreading the word of Bomber County Minis!
I also believe after the day our website had 22 new viewers! That must have doubled the previous number easily! You’re going to be busy moderating and updating it now Larry!
Good day, good weather, good minis!!
Did I mention Manly wheels ??

JK
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/john.killelay

Lincoln Big! VTECs, Mokes and Manly Wheels
Page 1 of 1