BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resume of Cadwell Park - a very successful sortie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

Resume of Cadwell Park - a very successful sortie Empty
PostSubject: Resume of Cadwell Park - a very successful sortie   Resume of Cadwell Park - a very successful sortie EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am

Crews,
Just managed to catch up on my sleep from our excellent weekend at Cadwell Park! The weather held out to give a sunny but sometimes blustery couple of days, but more importantly it remained dry. The Sortie consisted of Big Adam, Dan & a drunken, stubborn teenager (aren't they all?) who's name escapes me, Steve & David, Pip & Jakey, Matt & Cormack (Matts' son + mate - good lads) and a new pilot in Larrys' misses Heidi, who it was remarked 'piloted his Min better than he does!' Can't disagree with that now can we boys! Bringing up the rear eventually was Larry & Jacob in the Volvo - dragging the shed (caravan)! A nice couple who also joined us for the day and parked their BMW estate some distance away, were Phil & Helen (friends of Larry & Heidi) whom am sure were made to feel very welcome - nice people!
After pitching the event shelter (forgot to bring the sides) and tents up in a Custer formation around the event shelter (circle basically) we settled down to some well earned Bacon rolls. A short initiation ceremony followed with Matt being well & truly debagged (cheap TVMOC screen stickers removed and qualtiy BCM stickers affixed) and he came through it feeling much better for it I can tell you. His Min looks a damn site nicer too.
Then down to the track we went to watch some excellent fast & furious racing at a view point close to what I might add was the bar! The sun came out and with a pint in hand, good company and good close racing to view - what more could you ask for. The afternoon witnessed some superb racing positioned not far from the top of the Mountain and through Hall Bends, although some of it was a blur. Might of been something to do with the 4 pints of 1664 that I had.
On returning to our pitch we struggled to get near our tents as there were a number of people enquiring as to quotes for tarmacing of their driveways which kept Larry busy for a while and Heidi sold no end of pegs and a bit of lace - more funds for BCM I say!

With regard to the evening, Steve's Sarah joined us and we all managed to witness a spectacle (or was it a testicle some might say, I know which!).
Dan hadn't realised that he had inadvertently brought along the evening entertainment in a drunken teenager who did an excellent rendition of Bob Carolgees 'Spit the Dog', amongst others which I won't go into to too much detail at this moment.
A game of 3's & 5's then took place involving quite a bit of Malt and some chinking of crystal glasses and with 'Pride & Honour' repeatedly chorusing from our lungs.
The Sunday morning again brought wonderful sunshine and with some dry mouths, sore heads and after putting Dan's petrol fueled afterburners to good use in breakfast, we ventured to the bottom of the Mountain which turned out to be a cracking little sun trap.

Piccies of the weekend can be viewed on this link kindly supplied and expertly captured by David (as usual!)
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239200&id=500199336&l=fa3d1610fb.

Thank you ladies, fellow crew members of BCM and kids for a truly memorable weekend!

Cheers Pip lol!
Back to top Go down

Resume of Cadwell Park - a very successful sortie
Page 1 of 1