BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soapbox Derby

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scamp

Scamp

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:02 pm

It was suggested at the last workshop meeting that we, as a club, might have a go at building a Gravity Racer bounce

OK, so the only person to suggest it was me, but hey - it looks like fun.

Every September the village of Belchford hold their Downhill Challenge Soapbox Race. This means that we have nearly a whole year to plan it. I have found out that there is a Downhill Gravity Racing meet at Cadwell on the 13th November.

I suggest that we look at organising a small squadron to perform a reconnaissance sortie to try and establish what we need to do.

I don't know what sort of speeds are achieved but did see a report on a race they hold in the Cairngorms where one Soapbox was clocked at 64mph through the speed trap affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.scampownersclub.co.uk
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 pm

Scamp wrote:
It was suggested at the last workshop meeting that we, as a club, might have a go at building a Gravity Racer bounce

OK, so the only person to suggest it was me, but hey - it looks like fun.

Every September the village of Belchford hold their Downhill Challenge Soapbox Race. This means that we have nearly a whole year to plan it. I have found out that there is a Downhill Gravity Racing meet at Cadwell on the 13th November.

I suggest that we look at organising a small squadron to perform a reconnaissance sortie to try and establish what we need to do.

I don't know what sort of speeds are achieved but did see a report on a race they hold in the Cairngorms where one Soapbox was clocked at 64mph through the speed trap affraid

Was this the same workshop meeting that Larry resigned as vice?
Back to top Go down
Scamp

Scamp

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:26 am

Got an e-mail from a mate about this - he is very clever and just finished a motorsports degree - and he said that in the reception where he works they have this Soapbox Derby Rte_img67

I asked if we might borrow it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:32 am

Scamp wrote:
Got an e-mail from a mate about this - he is very clever and just finished a motorsports degree - and he said that in the reception where he works they have this Soapbox Derby Rte_img67

I asked if we might borrow it Very Happy

Excellent well done mate! When can we pick it up and from where? One thing it has done is given us more time to talk strategy in the pub!
You can tell him that we'll make sure all the Bomber County Minis stickers are off it before we give it him back!

Pip
Back to top Go down
Scamp

Scamp

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 am

Baby Hoey wrote:

Excellent well done mate! When can we pick it up and from where? One thing it has done is given us more time to talk strategy in the pub!
You can tell him that we'll make sure all the Bomber County Minis stickers are off it before we give it him back!

Pip

Yeah ------------ Think it might be a bit of a non starter. But, I'm hoping that he might be able to provide some much needed intel as to how to go about building something that will at least put us mid pack.

You up for the run to Cadwell in November to watch these things in action? Oh, and I did find out last night that one team crashed at Belchford last year at about 40mph Shocked
Back to top Go down
Larry
Admin
Larry

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Surely the club already has a soap box cart! Aka the scamp! All we need do is paint it and remove the engine!! Talking extraordinary meeting!!! I was under impression such event was cancelled!!! Well be warned crew I am available for selection this Saturday and my list is getting bigger!!
Back to top Go down
http://bombercountyminis.com
Scamp

Scamp

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Larry wrote:
Surely the club already has a soap box cart! Aka the scamp! All we need do is paint it and remove the engine!!

TBH, I'd be up for that. bounce
Only problem is the max weight limit is 100kg. But what about two subframes bolted together?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soapbox Derby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soapbox Derby   Soapbox Derby Empty

Back to top Go down

Soapbox Derby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BCM Forum :: BCM Events-
Jump to: