BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' Empty
PostSubject: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:21 pm

Bomber Crews of BCM,
This coming Sunday 17th October there is a planned sortie to the Derbyshire Dales & Peak District. I have formulated a flight plan taking in the scenic views of Derbyshire including Monsal Head, beautiful Edale & the poignant Derwent Reservoir. Derwent reservoir was used by the RAF's Dambusters to practise their low level flying techniques during 1943, in preparation for delivering Barnes Wallis' famous 'bouncing bombs' to German dams. Located in the West Tower of the Derwent Valley Dam is the Derwent Dam (617 Squadron) Museum which houses a collection of memorabilia dedicated to the famous Dams Raid carried out by 617 “Dambusters” Squadron. It includes photographs and other material covering all aspects of the Dams Raid, including details of the training flights carried out by 617 Squadron over the Derwent Dam and material relating to the film “The Dambusters” starring Richard Todd as Guy Gibson, made in 1954. There is also an example of the famous “Bouncing Bomb”, which forms the centrepiece of the museum’s display. Opening times are 10.00am to 4.00pm this Sunday!
If I could have an idea of interested persons for this very auspicious sortie I would me most grateful. If there is sufficient interest shown would be looking at leaving HQ after briefing at 0900hrs weather permitting of course.

Toodle Pip DSO & Bar, DFC & Bar, Where's the Bar?
Back to top Go down
Scamp

Scamp

PostSubject: Re: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Put me down as a yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scampownersclub.co.uk
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

PostSubject: Re: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Scamp wrote:
Put me down as a yes.

Will do me old cock sparrow!
Back to top Go down
Larry
Admin
Larry

PostSubject: Re: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:26 am

I believe major surgery on Lloydies car this weekend which could impact sortie!! the new suggested 24th also problem due to that restoration event!!! possibly 31st.Pip what is the crack?
Back to top Go down
http://bombercountyminis.com
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

PostSubject: Re: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:16 am

Larry wrote:
I believe major surgery on Lloydies car this weekend which could impact sortie!! the new suggested 24th also problem due to that restoration event!!! possibly 31st.Pip what is the crack?

What is the crack? Is this some kind of CB lingo? Are you getting us all ready for IMM?

Can members who are interested in this run please let me know if the 31st October is a good date to make it a worthwhile sortie? Apologies for this but circs outside ones control what?

Pip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'   BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise' Empty

Back to top Go down

BCM 'Bump & Run' to Derbyshire Dales & Peak District 'Operation Chastise'
Page 1 of 1