BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foxton Locks Success :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueBrit_JK

Foxton Locks Success :)  Empty
PostSubject: Foxton Locks Success :)    Foxton Locks Success :)  EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 pm

All set for this, ready for this sortie to run like clockwork, as Pip had emphasized a ‘prompt’ 9.00am departure from Tyre & Tech to meet him at Gonerby Moor. The day ran like clockwork, it just depends which clockwork you were basing this on. Mine and Justine’s GMT 9.00am or Steve’s 9.00am. It was of course the dreaded ‘clocks go forward weekend’ where an hour in bed is lost, and everybody arrives an hour late or early and this sortie was no exception!!
We finally got to Pip and Elaine, who were also on old clocks, and the real journey began. The convoy was a smaller cohort, with Me, Steve, Pip and Justine/John at the wheel of their respective vehicles, but like a self conscious teenager will tell you, size doesn’t matter. First stop was for the caffeine injection in Melton Mobray, no pork pies on offer sadly, before we headed to Foxton Locks.
The roads on offer were absolutely incredible, who needs the Nurburgring when we have roads like that on our doorstep! The three coopers couldn’t lose me in my 998, despite Pip’s police driving and Steve’s rally style nearly led me into several hedges as I pursued. Pip and Elaine had an enthralling conversation about IKEA enroute, whilst Steve and Linda had the noises of straight cut gears and no lower than 3000rpm at all times.
As we pulled into Foxton Locks, we were greeted by a gathering of ‘What No Brakes’ mini club who kindly went on a ‘bible bashing’ conquest leaving their club leaflets in our wipers (How dare they!).
Foxton Locks Inn for lunch, and what a lunch it was! Beef was on the cards for all but Steve, whilst Elaine, John and young Dillan had a nice picnic and a wander. Yorkshire puddings the size of your face where a particular highlight of the meal (:
When plates had been cleared, Elaine, John and Dillan had to head off early for their previously scheduled water survival training (swimming lessons) and myself, Pip, Steve and of course Chloe headed of for a wander up the locks, whilst Linda and Elaine had dessert, and no doubt chatted about IKEA, kitchens or caravans.
The history behind the locks and the pulley systems is fantastic and a far cry from Britain’s lacking industry now a days.
Pip confirmed meeting back at the car with his better half, but as we ambled along with Ice cream, it transpired that the ladies had indeed got lost (probably day dreaming about their trip to IKEA?).
Frantic searches of the horizon located them, and we were shortly reunited like one big happy family, which besides myself they are.
Unfortunately we weren’t able to see a narrow boat heading up the locks, yet 4 had made it up shortly before we arrived! Sod’s law, Pips hypothesis will not be proven for another year!!
A quick toilet stop before heading back to the car. Steve topped up with air whilst I adjusted my window winder which had conveniently broken mid way there.
Much was discovered on the Foxton run! Elaine is terrified of Pip’s Police driving, Linda needs a sports bra before IMM, John and Justine need to buy Dillan a dog, as Chloe was certainly his highlight and My Mum is for once right, my new exhaust is damn loud!!!
Well fed, tired and a little deaf!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/john.killelay

Foxton Locks Success :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BCM Forum :: BCM Events-
Jump to: