BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brands Hatch Mini Festival part 2 -ooh a squirrel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blakey
Moderators
Moderators

Brands Hatch Mini Festival part 2 -ooh a squirrel Empty
PostSubject: Brands Hatch Mini Festival part 2 -ooh a squirrel   Brands Hatch Mini Festival part 2 -ooh a squirrel EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 am

part 2

Flt Lt Matt Buckley & Flt Lt Matt Knox had return from setting up camp , the event shelter was comfortably up and deckchairs inserted .
We started to look around ..ah yes coffee.. how much? Flt lt Lee Young had flutterings in his trouser pockets & wished he had brought a flask... Flt Lt Ian LLoyd had ..several of them.
We proceed to the signing on box for the club parade around the circuit, only to find I couldn't find my licence needed to register as a driver...the wife had hers so not wanting to miss out we signed her as driver and me as passenger thinking we could swap the attached different coloured wrist bands at a later date...not a chance , once they're on they're on, so I'm demoted to waver & horn operator...mmmh. The day goes from bad to worse.
Anyway qualifying started with screaming minis everywhere .. brilliant . We decided to wander down to paddock where the minis were being worked on. The wind was getting up & spoiling my hair & the paddock was sheltered ... so good plan . We wandered around the paddock going ooh aah, look at the headlamps on that sort of thing , when the ladys ? amongst us started going all un necessary and behaving like 16 year olds ( I thought all those hormones had buggered off years ago ) , anyway they'd spotted that cooking bloke James Martin peeling himself out of his racing overalls... left em to it.. As we wandered, we became famous.. Bomber County Minis were announced over the tannoy . We're all proud , sticking our emblazened chests out ... then it said "YOUR EVENT SHELTER HAS BLOWN AWAY" CHRIST....
Well its a long way back to the club stand & it was head wind.. we're galloping, thinking what claims we would be faced with ..
When we got there we were met by a kind chap from another club who had rescued the shelter before it hit anything and piled it up with chairs on top, sound fellows. We inspected the damage & found one broken piece ..."SQUIRREL" echoed around the pitch completely putting everyone off their stride ... good lord .. Ange must have been affected by her encounter with "THE COOK", nobody else saw a bloody squirrel.. Any way we wrapped up the shelter & headed back to Headquarters to re - group .
over and out
Blakey part 3 to follow
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.TYREANDTECH.CO.UK

Brands Hatch Mini Festival part 2 -ooh a squirrel
Page 1 of 1