BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mini Wiring Diagram

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ccw-tools

Mini Wiring Diagram Empty
PostSubject: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hi Guys, has anyone got a copy of a mini wiring diagram showing the main beam / dip beam relay that you could scan and send me please? The Haynes manual I have doesn't include the diagram I need.

The car is a 1987 Mini Park lane and I'm trying to trace an issue with the lights.

Many thanks

Tom
Back to top Go down
Blakey
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Tom
Is it the large orange relay under the dash ?
Steve
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.TYREANDTECH.CO.UK
ccw-tools

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 am

Blakey wrote:
Tom
Is it the large orange relay under the dash ?
Steve
HI Steve, yes it is. It's the Lucas 13DA Dip beam relay. All the diagrams I can find show the lights coming directly from the switch and no relay. The problem I have is with the lights switch in position 1 I get side lights & dip beam, position 2 gives me no lights, full beam flasher works but not normal full beam. Then after a while or when she drives over a bump the lights work correctly. It has to be a connection or this relay but a diagram would be a good start.

Cheers

Tom
Back to top Go down
Blakey
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Sorry mate been very busyLeave me with it , I'll find one
Back to top Go down
ccw-tools

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:21 am

Blakey wrote:
Sorry mate been very busyLeave me with it , I'll find one

Thanks Steve.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Blakey
Moderators
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 am

Tom , this relay diagram... things got a bit messy around that year onwards towards the injection shell production and you'll find the diagram on page 339 of the haynes manual applies to your wiring ,although it says fuel injection models, its not just those.. its carb ones too... on the body wiring that is.Its item 77. (the manual I'm looking at goes to 1993, but I'll check the later ones page number when I get it back from who I lent it too)
I had a similar confusion on my '93 carbed mini. I have had problems similar to yours and it turned out to be some stupid awkward inline fuses under the dash behind where the orange relay is. They become hot and melt creating an intermittent contact .They were changed for blade type holders and fuses and have been fine since . Another other problem was the stalk on the column also . Fuses account for the majority of the minis electrical problems and its worth investing time into changing the main fusebox, if it hasn't been replace recently, either with the original type or the later blade type.
Hope that helps mate. If you still can't find the diagram ,get back to me and I'll copy it for you or drop in to see me if you are local.
Best of luck
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Wiring Diagram   Mini Wiring Diagram Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini Wiring Diagram
Page 1 of 1