BCM Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomber County Mini's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dam museum in the Peaks this Sunday + lunch?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hoey
Moderators
Moderators
Hoey

Dam museum in the Peaks this Sunday + lunch? Empty
PostSubject: Dam museum in the Peaks this Sunday + lunch?   Dam museum in the Peaks this Sunday + lunch? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Crews,
I have for your viewing pleasure sorted out ones route for this Sundays sortie. These I have sent via email along with the 'Principles of Driving'. Of course the routes are a last resort facilitation should the rules of convoy be disregarded at any stage. These are only to be used in an event of a crisis to enable you re-group with the main squadron.

The classified plan is to visit the Dam's museum at Derwent Valley before going onto lunch.

http://www.dambusters.org.uk/museum.htm

Should be a lovely day out. Am planning on eating at Stables Bar,Monsal Head Hotel and would like

a) an idea of numbers wishing to go
b) numbers intending to eat

The choice is 'chancing' getting a couple of tables at the Stables bar or if its nice eating in the beer garden or alternatively we can reserve a table (same menu) in the hotel? The choice is ours.

http://www.monsalhead.com/

A route is then planned taking in the estate of The Duke & Duchess of Devonshire's Chatsworth House, onto Matlock then home.

Looking forward to seeing you all nice and early on Sunday morning for a 0830 departure!!!!!!! Got a long day ahead of us - not as long as Whitby but will do approx 150 miles.

I have also included the Principles of convoy driving for those yet so priviledged to be privvy to it. Please read if you haven't experienced convoy driving before and you will be tested prior to departure!

Cheers Pip

Back to top Go down

Dam museum in the Peaks this Sunday + lunch?
Page 1 of 1